Headquartered in Belize, InvestMarkets is a non-advisory/executionary broker regulated by the International Financial Services Commission of Belize. This broker has a $250 minimum deposit and no minimum withdrawal requirement via electronic payment methods and credit/debit cards. Should clients wish to withdraw via wire transfer, a minimum withdrawal amount of $120 applies. One of this broker’s best features is its 0% trading commissions. It also charges no fees on deposits. InvestMarkets is excellent for traders who are tired of paying high fees and are willing to shell out a little more for the minimum deposit.
InvestMarkets is regulated by the International Financial Services Commission of Belize, the country in which this broker has its headquarters. Founded in 1999, the IFSC is the Belizean governmental agency responsible for market regulation. InvestMarkets’ license number is 000307/166.
- 0% Trading Commissions. More and more brokerage firms have joined the race to the bottom to see who can slash fees the most, and InvestMarkets is proud to offer 0% trading commissions. Brokers who take no commissions make money in a different way—through the bid-ask spread. Commission-free trading began in 2019, after Robinhood popularized the idea, and brokers have taken the baton from there. So, if you’re looking for zero commissions fees, InvestMarkets is a broker to consider. The only fee to watch out for with this broker is an inactivity fee, which is charged if you’re inactive for one month or longer. Inactivity fees are pretty standard among brokers.
- 24/5 Dedicated Support. Several other reviewers have praised InvestMarkets for having a “professional customer support team.” The team is available twenty-four hours a day, five days a week. You can contact support via email or through three different phone numbers (Mexico, Singapore and South Africa). There is also a live chat option on the broker’s website.
- Free Market Analysis & Trading Tools. Market Buzz is InvestMarket’s artificial-intelligence offering, courtesy of Trading Central Labs. Market Buzz provides streamlined research, which helps cut out the “infobesity” that often plagues the industry with too much information. Other education tools include Analyst Views, Daily Market Analysis, Economic Insights, Featured Ideas and even Web TV, which is filmed from the NYSE floor. Other resources include information on the coronavirus pandemic, Trading Central’s research platform and much more. This broker definitely has not skimped on the free market analytics.
- Competitive Spreads. As you can see from the charts below, InvestMarkets offers competitive spreads. For example, the basic account has spreads starting at as low as 3.2 pips. The VIP account offers spreads as low as 1.8 pips.
- No Fees on Deposits. One of the common ways that a broker who charges 0% in commissions will make money is by charging you to deposit money into your account. Luckily, that is not what InvestMarkets does, charging no fees on deposits, though some might find the $250 minimum deposit a little steep.
- Dedicated Account Manager. Another excellent feature from InvestMarkets is the dedicated account manager, who will help you grow your investment account and portfolio.
Unit 303, No. 16 Cor., Hutson and Eyre Streets, Blake Building, Belize City, Belize